Research Intern, CalibraInfrastructure | Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA
About CalibraCalibra is building a hub of financial services, products and solutions that connect everyone, everywhere, creating greater opportunity for all. Its technical foundation is the open-sourced Libra blockchain network. Libra’s mission is to create a simple, borderless global currency and financial ecosystem that empowers billions of people. Calibra Research is the research arm of Calibra, and is of great importance due to the cutting-edge nature of the technical challenges and Calibra’s openness to scrutiny. Calibra is seeking a Research Intern to join Calibra Research. The research organization aims to support the production of Calibra technology and to broadly impact the field of crypto-economics and blockchain systems. Individuals in this role are expected to be recognized in research areas such as distributed systems, networking, storage, program verification, programming languages, cryptography, security, game-theory of economics and privacy-enhancing technologies. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in producing new science to advance the interdisciplinary fields of blockchain and cryptocurrency, as well as supporting the productization of their results. To learn more about our research visit https://research.facebook.com (https://research.facebook.com/).
- Conduct research to advance the state of the art in blockchain and cryptoeconomics.
- Contribute research that is relevant and can be applied to Calibra product development.
- Engage and collaborate with the research community within and outside of Calibra.
- Perform specific responsibilities which vary by team.
- Currently is in the process of obtaining PhD in Computer Science, related STEM or quantitative field, or relevant experience
- Research and/or work experience in distributed systems, networking, storage, formal verification, programming language, cryptography, security, privacy-enhancing technologies, or related technical fields.
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Fluency in C++, Java or other related language
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Experience driving original scholarship in collaboration with a team.
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or PhD papers
- Main authorship of peer-reviewed computer science publications at top-tier venues.