Data Scientist, Calibra Growth (Blockchain)Data & Analytics | Menlo Park, CA
About CalibraIn June 2019 the Libra Association announced plans for Libra – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Libra network. Libra's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2020.
Calibra is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Calibra will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Growth Data Scientist to lead growth and engagement initiatives for Calibra. We are looking for a professional that loves working with data to drive product and marketing results. Our team’s mission is to develop a world class wallet product that solves real pain points for our users across the globe. We want someone with substantial experience helping to grow products using sound growth patterns and a fast, iterative mindset.
This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
- Product Leadership Responsibilities:
- -Lead the ideation and execution of product changes that drive growth, partnering with Product Management, Engineering, Design, and Content Strategy
- -Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- -Communicate details, updates and implementations across all stakeholders and teams with extreme attention to detail
- -Communicates and simplifies concepts to the audience's needs
- Analytical Responsibilities:
- -Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with both our consumer and business products, identify growth opportunities, and execute on projects to drive growth and engagement
- Product Growth Analysis:
- -Understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- -Identifying new levers to help move key metrics
- -Proposing what to build in the product roadmap
- Data Driven Leadership:
- -Influencing product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- -Communicating state of business, experiment results, etc. to product teams
- -Spreading best practices for growth with product teams to drive impact
- Product Marketing Responsibilities:
- -Understand the competitive landscape of products and Facebook’s relative position to inform the product growth strategy and design
- -Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to take known product optimizations and implement them in other places
- -Lead marketing efforts partnering with Product teams, to effectively promote high retention experiences globally
- -Drive multiple projects from strategy to execution in a fast-paced environment in an organized way
- -Work on offsite marketing channels like SEO, SEM, and email with product teams to grow acquisition and improve retention by reaching people when they do not yet have an account, or to bring people back
- 2+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, advertising or growth.
- 5+ years of experience managing projects.
- 6+ years of quantitative analysis experience.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL or other programming languages.
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and leveraging data to make business decisions.
- Experience communicating insights and ideas.
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Statistics or related quantitative field.
- Software development experience.
- Internet Marketing experience, in particular for financial services products.